Since February, I’ve been waiting for responses from 5 different government sponsored organisations to provide geographic alternative numbers for the 1890 and 076 numbers provided as contact information on their websites.
In a recent blog post, Revenue Commissioners – 1890 Numbers, I commended that organisation and a couple of government departments on their provision of alternatives very clearly on their website.
Unfortunately, not all government organisations that we fund will give us alternative numbers to allow us save money whenever we need to call them. The irony being that 2 of the organisations are supposed to assist people in financial difficulties already.
Geographic Alternative Rogues Gallery
So, step forward the following organisations who I contacted back in early February, and whom I’ve again contacted as of last night, requesting alternatives for numbers published on their websites:
- Insolvency Service of Ireland
- Information and General Enquiries 0761064200
- Case Management Division 0761064200
- Bankruptcy Division 0761064232
- Regulation Division 0761064234
- Citizens Information
- Citizens Information Phone Service 0761074000
- Citizens Information Website Team 0761079000
- Student Universal Support Ireland (SUSI)
- SUSI Support Desk 0761087874
- Road Safety Authority
- Driver Theory Test 1890606406
- Transport Operator Licensing 1890443311
- Private Residential Tenancies Board (PRTB)
- PRTB enquiries 0818303037
If I ever do get any useful responses from any of the organisations above, I’ll let you know. Don’t hold your breath, though.
Below are the responses received so far from the organisations contacted above. Well, 2 organisations actually responded (MABS and Citizens Information) and I only have 2 automated responses from SUSI. The RSA and PRTB didn’t respond to me at all. I guess it’ll be FOI requests for them now (my 2nd for PRTB seeking geographic alternative contact numbers).